Studying at Istanbul Kultur University
Founded in 1997 by a trust with more than 50 years of expertise in the field of primary and secondary education, Istanbul Kultur University is a private institution of higher learning.
Istanbul Kultur University
- Overview of Istanbul Kultur University
- Advantages of Studying at Istanbul Kultur University
- Programs and Tuition Fees at Istanbul Kultur University
- Istanbul Kultur University Accreditations and Recognitions
- Student Exchange Programs at Istanbul Kultur University
- Student and Campus Life at Istanbul Kultur University
- Student Accommodation at Istanbul Kultur University
Overview of Istanbul Kultur University
The university continues a legacy of excellence and excellent academic accomplishment, of which expanding global academic networking has become a crucial component. Istanbul Kultur University has a lot to offer in terms of diversity in addition to academic brilliance; more than 6% of the students registered at IKU are international students, either full-time or on exchange, coming from over 70 different countries throughout the world.
To reach the highest standards as well as a good reputation educationally, scientifically and in public services at national and international levels.
To provide a high quality of education besides motivating students to participate in cultural, sports and artistic activities.
Faculties of Arts and Science
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Economics And Administrative Sciences
Faculty of Engineering
Faculty of Architecture
Faculty of Health Science
Vocational School of Justice
Advantages of Studying at Istanbul Kultur University
Istanbul Kultur University is a significant hub for societal cultural and civilizational values, with more than 20,000 students of different nationalities.
The institution has more than a hundred agreements for international collaboration in the fields of academic and scientific research.
The European Union and several other countries participate in a student exchange programme with Istanbul Kultur University.
The vast library at Istanbul Kultur University has all the resources and information that students require.
Depending on their interests, students at Istanbul Kultur University can work part-time in a range of the university's departments and divisions.
The institution is awash in conferences, debates, parties, plays, sporting activities, festivals, trips, and exhibitions thanks to its more than a hundred student clubs.
Programs and Tuition Fees at Istanbul Kultur University
Numerous specialisations are available at Istanbul Kultur University. Depending on the educational program, there are differences in the study language and tuition costs. The following is a list of the specialties offered by Kultur University:
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Mathematics and Computer Science
Turkish Language and Literature
|Nutrition and Dietetics||Turkish||$2423|
|International Trade and Finance||Turkish||$2423|
Real Estate Development (Non-Thesis)
|Urban Design (Thesis)||Turkish||$2000|
Environmental Design (Thesis)
|Business Administration (Non-Thesis)||Turkish||$3600|
|Communication Design (Thesis)||Turkish||$2000|
|Mathematics and Computer Science (Thesis)||Turkish||$2500|
Molecular Biology (Thesis)
|International Relations (Non-Thesis)||English||$4000|
|Turkish Language and Literature||Turkish||$3600|
|Molecular Biology and Genetics||Turkish||$3600|
For more information on more programs and tuition fees, please reach out to one of Turkey Campus' advisors!
Istanbul Kultur University Accreditations and Recognitions
The university is accredited by the following bodies:
- YÖK - Yüksekögretim Kurulu (YÖK - Council of Higher Education): The highest education regulatory body in Turkey.
- MÜDEK (Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs): An independent organization that evaluates and accredits engineering programs in Turkey.
- FEDEK (Science, Literature, Faculty of Science and Letters, Faculty of Languages, History and Geography Curriculum Programs Assessment and Accreditation Association): An independent organization that evaluates and accredits science, literature, and social science programs in Turkey.
- MAK (Architectural Accrediting Board): An independent organization that evaluates and accredits architectural programs in Turkey.
- European Accreditation Network for Engineering Education (EACE): IKU's engineering programs are accredited by EACE, which is a network of national engineering accreditation bodies in Europe.
- Pakistani Engineering Council (PEC): IKU's engineering programs are recognized by PEC, which is the regulatory body for engineering in Pakistan.
- ECTS Label: IKU is one of the few universities in Turkey that has been awarded the ECTS Label, which is a quality assurance label for higher education institutions in Europe.
Student Exchange Programs at Istanbul Kultur University
Istanbul Kultur University offers a variety of student exchange programs for undergraduate and graduate students. Some of the student exchange programs offered by IKU include:
- Erasmus+: This is a European Union program that funds student exchange between universities in Europe. IKU has over 120 partner universities in Europe, so students have a wide range of options to choose from.
- İKÜ DÜnya (ÖDP): This is IKU's own student exchange program. It offers students the opportunity to study abroad at one of IKU's partner universities in the Americas, Asia, or Africa.
- 2+2 Agreements: IKU has 2+2 agreements with several universities around the world. These agreements allow students to complete their undergraduate degree at IKU and then transfer to the partner university to complete their final two years of study.
Student and Campus Life at Istanbul Kultur University
Career Opportunities and Alumni Counseling Unit
Istanbul Kultur University develops students' skills through a variety of activities and conferences in order to prepare them for the corporate world. Additionally, it gives students the opportunity to work part-time while taking classes, giving them the chance to get experience and develop their communication and professional abilities.
Even after they graduate, the university keeps assisting its students in order to prepare them for the workforce. As a result, it primarily focuses on improving student mentality and skills to increase the chance that individuals will find a vocation that suits them. This is accomplished through networking with alumni and data updates.
The importance of students participating in any sport or activity in which they may be interested is supported by Istanbul Kultur University. As a result, it allows individuals to make the most of their free time by having fun while learning new skills or honing their existing ones. Additionally, participation in sports and activities will teach students how to compete fairly and with regard for others' rights.
Student Clubs Organize:
Conferences, discussion panels, forums, and seminars that bring together professionals, business owners, and subject-matter experts with students to talk about and explore career creation and success as well as other topics.
Plays and concerts
Festivals and Trips
Artistic and sporting events
Student Accommodation at Istanbul Kultur University
Istanbul Kultur University (IKU) offers two student dormitories for its students:
- İstanbul Kültür Üniversitesi Kız Öğrenci Yurdu (IKU Girls' Dormitory): This dormitory is located in Bahçelievler, Istanbul. It is about a 20-minute drive from the IKU main campus. The dormitory has a capacity of 211 students and offers rooms for 2-3-4 people. The rooms have a bathroom, toilet, bed, quilt, pillow, dresser, nightstand, desk, mini fridge, air conditioning, and wireless internet. The dormitory also has a laundry room, a kitchen, a TV room, and a study room. The monthly rent for the dormitory is 4,000 Turkish liras (TRY).
- Ik. Men's Dormitory: This dormitory is also located in Bahçelievler, Istanbul. It is about a 20-minute drive from the IKU main campus. The dormitory has a capacity of 148 students and offers rooms for 2-3-4 people. The rooms have a bathroom, toilet, bed, quilt, pillow, dresser, nightstand, desk, mini fridge, air conditioning, and wireless internet. The dormitory also has a laundry room, a kitchen, a TV room, and a study room. The monthly rent for the dormitory is 3,500 TRY.
If you're interested in applying to this university, here are the requirements:
And there you have it!
That was your complete guide to studying at Istanbul Kultur University. Contact Turkey Campus to reserve your academic seat now and get discounts!