The eighth Guide | Studying social specialties in Turkey
The study of humanities and social sciences is a subject of great importance, and has many ramifications, so today we will highlight the study of these disciplines in Turkey, given the outstanding level of education provided by Turkish universities.
The degrees of official and accredited Turkish universities are internationally recognized because Turkey relies on its curricula on two important matters, the first of which is: the Bologna Agreement for Curriculum of Study, and the second is: the approved grading system “ECTS European Credit Transfer System.” As well as, Turkey has 207 governmental and private universities, and about 70 of them are private universities.
- The humanities are disciplines in which a complete science is studied in all its details and its various branches, such as: philosophy, history, literature, music, language sciences, and law.
- The social sciences are specializations in which majors that are concerned with the behaviour of individuals are taught, such as:
- Administrative sciences, which include Business Administration, Management, Economics, International Trade, Marketing, Human Resources, Psychology, and others.
- Political sciences, which include sciences such as: Politics, International Relations, some branches of International Law, and others.
- A new type of science has emerged for us that falls under the social and applied sciences at the same time, such as: communications, modern media, and others.
As for universities, they are divided into two types:
- The acceptance to private universities is effortless and fast, meaning that you can obtain the acceptance to a university where the conditions are easy and straightforward, the most important of which are:
- You had a high school diploma recognized in your country.
- A copy of the passport and a transcript of degrees.
The tuition fees at private universities: very suitable compared to those in European universities, as average expenses start from:
- $3,000 annually, such as: Medibol University, and up to about $7,900, such as: Bahçeşehir University in Istanbul.
- Sometimes there are special discounts with some university agents, for example: at Ostim Technical University, if you apply through a certified agent to the university, such as Turkey Campus, you can study International Trade, or Economic and receive a partial grant of about 85% and your tuition fees only reach $2,000 annually.
- Among the distinguished private universities to study social sciences are: Bilkent University, Bahçeşehir University, and Istanbul Bilgi University.
- There are about 110 public universities in Turkey, Humanitarian and social disciplines are available in English and Turkish in all universities and distributed in all its states.
- The admission to public universities is straightforward, but admission to technical or global universities is rather challenging.
- The best public universities in social and administrative sciences are: Boğaziçi University, The Middle East Technical University, Marmara University, and Istanbul University.
- The tuition fees in public universities for social sciences specializations start from $100 annually in some universities and reach $3,000 annually or more in some universities that teach in the English language.
Let me make a significant point, the difference between the right to apply for social specialty and your acceptance rate:
Most public universities do not require any additional tests, but your high school diploma is sufficient to apply, but is it enough for your acceptance? It's challenging and even impossible due to the increased competitiveness, so you'll have a great chance to be accepted if you:
- Hold a high score in any of the international tests, such as the SAT test.
- You have a very high GPA or one of the top, for example, in your school or province.
- Or you have a high score in the “YOS,” which is a test conducted by Turkish universities, individually by each university, in mathematics and IQ, and the application to it takes place at the beginning of March every year.
In the next article, we will provide you with information about the admission requirements, costs of living, available universities and other. This series of articles will be as a comprehensive guide to students looking forward to studying in Turkey. This series was prepared in collaboration with Nafham, the biggest free online crowdsourced educational platform in Egypt and the Middle East that provides online learning and, explanation of the mandated public curriculum and support to youth and students in order to develop their life skills; and Turkey Campus Foundation for student services, a an accredited agent of many Turkish universities in the field of educational counselling. Turkey Campus can help you apply for its partner Turkish universities and guarantee you get accepted there. It also helps you get exclusive over 50% discounts on your annual tuition fees through its partnership with many distinguished universities.
Don't forget to read the rest of the series' articles, and watch our videos on this Link.
You can now contact us to take advantage of our services that we provide to our students and to reserve your seat. Apply Now!