The tenth Guide | Turkish government scholarship
Today we will talk about one of the topics that many students ask about, which is the Turkish scholarship. We will talk about the eligibility requirements, its submission dates, the required papers for each stage, and the most important aspects of the scholarship.
Conditions of the Turkish scholarship: There are only two conditions related to the age, and the total GPA for all stages and nationalities:
- For Bachelor's degree: You must be 21 years old or younger, and your GPA is 70% or more (unless you apply to medical colleges, your GPA must be 90% or more.)
- For Master's degree: You must be 30 years old or younger, and your graduation GPA is 75% or more.
- For PhD degree: You must be 35 years old or younger, and your masters GPA is 75% or more.
Who are not eligible for the scholarship:
- Of course, the first are those who do not meet the age and GPA requirements.
- Those who currently enrolled in Turkish universities and applying to the same level are not eligible to apply.
- Holders of Turkish nationality.
- Those who obtained Turkish citizenship and waived it.
Required papers for the application:
The required papers for all stages (Bachelor - Master - PhD):
- An official photo.
- A copy of your passport or ID inside your country.
- High school certificate and transcript.
- 2 letters of recommendation.
- A letter of intent.
- International or Turkish language certificates, such as: TOEFL, IELTS, ALICE, JRI, JEMAT, and Tomer (if available).
- Any skills certificates, training courses, projects, awards, or any activities or volunteering.
- For master's students, you need to submit your college graduation certificate, the transcript of courses grades, and master's thesis research plan.
- For PhD students, you need to submit your college graduation certificate, the transcript of courses grades, your master’s degree certificate, the master’s degree transcript, and PhD thesis research plan.
Applying for the scholarship:
The application is made online through the Turkish scholarship website, and of course do not forget that Turkey Campus can help you to apply and prepare all the required papers. You can contact us during the application time, which is in January and February of each year.
Advantages of the Turkish scholarship:
Now, you will learn about your journey from the day of your admission to the moment of your graduation.
The scholarship covers:
- Fees for entering Turkey "the visa if for free".
- Your airline tickets to travel to Turkey for the first time and when you return back home after graduation.
- Your university residence within your city, which includes two meals "breakfast and dinner" and all services there are for free.
- Meeting you at the airport and helping you to reach your residence.
- Governmental health insurance, which is considered the best health insurance in Turkey.
- Your university tuition fees throughout the period of your grant.
- The scholarship provides you with a great opportunity to obtain a diploma in the Turkish language by studying it in the first year "the preparatory year".
- The scholarship also provides masters and PhD students with the ability to switch housing with a specified financial value.
- The scholarship salary: The scholarship announced the increase in the monthly salary for all stages from the beginning of the current year 2020, and it will be as follows:
- Bachelor’s students get 1700 Liras.
- Master's students get 2400 Liras.
- PhD students get 3000 Liras.
- The scientific research grant is 4400 Liras.
- Housing allowance for master's and PhD students is 2000 Liras monthly.
- Excellence grant for students currently studying in Turkey for a period of one year is 800 Liras.
Now that we have reached the end of our series in the complete Guide for students to study in Turkey, don't forget to read and watch what has already been published in the series. You'll find what's perfectly useful about Turkey and studying in turkey.
Don't forget to read the rest of the series' articles, and watch our videos on this Link.
You can now contact us to take advantage of our services that we provide to our students and to reserve your seat. Apply Now!